Tri-Borough Music Trust is a registered charity, created to help transform young lives through the power of music. It is the charitable arm of the Tri-borough Music Hub (TBMH).
The Trust works across three West London boroughs - Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea and the City of Westminster. Established in 2019, its aim is to fundraise for music education activities that will benefit those disadvantaged in the local area, bring communities together and celebrate the diversity of local talent.
We believe inclusive music education helps to build stronger, healthier communities. We aim to help children and young people realise their potential and develop their identity and self-worth through music.
In the three boroughs, many of the wards the Trust targets score high on the Index of Multiple Deprivation, with some areas being amongst the most deprived in England.
We promote and support music activities for all children and young people, but particularly those experiencing inequalities or disadvantage.
The Tri-Borough Music Trust is governed by the Board of Trustees who bring a wealth of experience from across music education, industry, charity governance, fundraising, finance, and communications.
- We believe in uplifting young people. They deserve positive, joyful experiences and opportunity
- We aim to help develop skills and build character through music
- We set high standards and provide challenges that encourage discipline and raise self-esteem
- We celebrate community relationships.
- We believe there should be no barrier to accessing music
- Our work is rooted in inclusiveness and diversity, which helps to enrich learning
- We believe that inclusive music education, opportunities, and experiences help to build stronger, healthier communities
- We aim to adapt and innovate when necessary for the benefit of all in our communities.