About the course: This course will be led by Emma Hutchinson, founder of Music House for Children and early years music specialist and trainer. With an MA in early childhood music and nearly 30 years of teaching, training and research, Emma has presented many training courses on the significance of music in early childhood. In this twilight session she will provide a snapshot to what music can do for children with SEND, how participants can access musicmaking using existing skills. Participants will experience fun, practical and spontaneous musical moments using a variety of wonderfully tactile boxes.
This course will include:
- A brief outline on the benefits of musical play for children with additional needs
- Top tips for enabling and delivering
- Specially chosen playful songs, pocket stories, poems and sounds
- Putting all the above into practice with boxes of all shapes and sizes
- What are you getting out of this? The relevance to outcomes for your professional remit
- Shared links and downloads to further training, resources and articles
- Box hunting – where to find them
Who is this course for?: This course is suitable for anyone who works with children in their Early Years.
Cost: Professionals connected to, or working with, state-maintained settings/arts organisations within one of three boroughs – Hammersmith & Fulham; Kensington & Chelsea; Westminster: £30
For all other professionals outside of the state-maintained sector in the Tri-borough area: £50
To book please follow the link here:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/83960158093