Please note this course is delivered over 2 x 2-hour sessions on Wednesday 3rd and Wednesday 10th February. Attendance is required at both sessions.
This course is accompanied by Musical Development Matters (MDM), a guidance referenced in the new Development Matters 2021. MDM is a free guidance, available to download from Early Education here: https://www.early-education.org.uk/musical-development-matters-download
This course explores music in early childhood and demonstrates how easily music can be incorporated into any early childhood setting without practitioners needing any previous musical knowledge or experience. This course will be interactive and informative, exploring ways in which music compliments and contributes to all areas of learning and development. We aim to create a supportive environment where participants can share, learn and discuss.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
• Explore children’s musical making and development
• Discover musical games and activities
• Explore the TMT self-assessment tool; a tool to support the development of music provision
• Develop an understanding of how music threads through all areas of learning and development
• Observe children’s musical play and discuss how to nurture, and interact with children’s music making
• Explore musical environments and how to create music making opportunities
• Discuss effective planning for musical activities and opportunities linked to all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Become familiar with the Musical Development Matters guidance
To book please follow the link here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/131872880335