2023-2024 Remissions Policy (Accessing Discounts for TBMH Activities)
Click on THIS LINK to download our charging, remissions, and subsidy policy.
The TBMH heavily subsidises the costs of all our activities to offer value for money to families and to enable equal access. On top of these subsidised prices, families can access up to a maximum of 50% remissions off the cost of TBMH activity if they qualify within any of the following categories:
*Free School Meals (at a state school in the Tri-borough area)
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
* Ever 6 free school meals (in receipt of free school meals in the last 6 years)
* Looked After Children
* Post-Looked After Children (children who have been adopted from care or left care)
* Service Children (Ever 6 service child FTE or in receipt of pensions under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme [AFCS] or the War Pensions Scheme [WPS])
In all cases proof of entitlement will be required before provision starts. You can find out about applying for free school meals here.
Families who do not fall into the above categories can still benefit from a 25% discount for siblings attending the same activity (e.g. both siblings attend are in the same choir)
Please note only one subsidised discount can be applied per applicant, up to a maximum of 50% remissions of fees (per pupil).
We offer a 25% discount for the second sibling when attending the same provision (i.e. in the same choir / both attending Saturday Music School).
Please note these concessions do not stack – the maximum discount is 50% per child if claiming Pupil Premium remission and 25% for the second child only if claiming the sibling discount.
Instrument Hire and Charging
- Instruments can be hired from the TBMH at a charge of £20 per term. Remissions also apply to this charge.
- Instrument hire costs will be added to the termly invoice.